If your home is in need of repairs to keep it safe and sound – give us a call! Santa Fe Habitat for Humanity offers a Home Repair & Rehabilitation Program that provides assistance to qualified low-income homeowners, senior citizens, and disabled individuals who are living on fixed incomes, and who lack the resources to make necessary repairs to their homes.
We have completed many successful rehabilitation projects during the past few years, including repairs to roofing, floors, bathrooms, windows, kitchen cabinets, walls, doors and entrances. Our home repair work can also include painting, landscaping and weatherizing your home to reduce heating costs.
How does the Home Repair and Rehabilitation Program work?
- Families partner with Habitat based on income, need and willingness to help.
- We use volunteer labor and donated materials to keep costs low.
- An affordable loan is made to the homeowner to cover the cost of the work.
- Payments are placed in a revolving fund to help Home Preservation serve others in need.
Why does Santa Fe Habitat offer these exterior maintenance services?
- Families need to live in safe and well-maintained homes.
- Neighborhoods become revitalized.
- Community connections are made.
- Affordable housing inventory is preserved.
If your home is in need of repairs, and you would like to be considered, please contact Willie Marquez, Home Repair Program Manager.