Santa Fe Habitat Young Professionals
Habitat Young Professionals are the future of affordable housing. Join our local Habitat for Humanity affiliate group and become part of a global network of community-minded young professionals advocating for affordable housing. The Santa Fe Habitat Young Professionals meet monthly to build houses, advance leadership skills, network with other motivated professionals, and make a difference for Habitat homeowners.
Join this motivated group by volunteering and building community with us. Members are 21 to 45 and live and/or work locally in the Santa Fe community. Members pay a one-time $50 fee, which includes a branded construction hat, Santa Fe Habitat sticker, and a T-Shirt. No membership fee is required to volunteer; donations and/or assistance with Santa Fe Habitat for Humanity fundraising are encouraged.
Sign up on our Volunteer Calendar to participate in upcoming builds
Habitat Young Professionals volunteer globally with Habitat affiliates to create change at a local level. While building personal and professional connections, this group engages young professionals as leaders, volunteers, advocates, and donors to help end housing poverty and inequality. Together, these emerging leaders raise awareness and stand for Santa Fe Habitat’s mission of building strength, stability, and resilience through shelter. Whether it’s building community, constructing houses for local families, gathering for a happy hour, sharing perspectives, or brainstorming future fundraising events – we are making a difference. We proudly take action as the future voices, hands, and heart of affordable housing!
Home – Homes are the heart of Habitat’s work. Everything we do is centered around the home and provides dignity and hope for families in Santa Fe. The product of our shared labor is a completed house where Partner Families live and thrive.
Volunteering – We are hard workers. We work during the week so that we volunteer on weekends to help others. As volunteers, we learn construction skills and hammer away at change in Santa Fe.
Building Professional + Community Networks – While building homes, we also build lasting connections. We network with others who share similar humanitarian values and build close ties to expand our perspectives.
Advocacy – We assume leadership roles in the community as humanitarians. We take our work off the Build Sites by sharing our experiences, affordable housing knowledge, and advocacy of Habitat’s mission to others across the community, including policymakers.
Habitat – We are proud to be part of Habitat for Humanity International’s network of young professional chapters worldwide, as young humanitarians unite to make a difference in our communities.
Sustainable Development – We believe in sustainable building and a sustainable nonprofit model to maximize our community impact. We support Santa Fe Habitat’s dedication to green building, net-zero energy homes, solar, and eco-friendly practices to save our world’s precious resources. Each Habitat home ‘pays it forward’ to make housing possible for future families and acts as a model for sustainable housing in Santa Fe.
- How to get involved?
- How to join?
- Sign up here!
- Is there a membership Fee?
- You can always build with us for free!
- In order to become an official member and to receive swag and branded gifts, sign up for our $50 one-time membership to support Santa Fe Habitat! Once a member, always a member.
- What’s the age range of Young Professionals?
- In order to participate in Santa Fe Habitat Young Professional events, you must be between the ages 21-45.
- When do builds take place?
- Builds are usually on the second Saturday of each month.
- Winter Build Hours: 9:30AM-4:30PM (November – February)
- Spring, Summer, and Fall Hours: 8:30AM-3:30PM (March – October)
- What to bring to the builds?
- Work clothes (close-toed shoes, gloves if you have them)
- Water and sun protection
- Pack a lunch or we’ll go out to eat during the lunch break
- How do I learn about future events / builds?
- Meetup.com events, email blasts, and this webpage!
- How can people find out about this group?
- Many of our young professionals find us through word of mouth, interest in volunteering with Habitat for Humanity, meetup.com events, Social Media, or interest in affordable housing.
- How can I further support this nonprofit?
- Learn about additional volunteer opportunities
- Donate items to the ReStore
- Join a committee to help direct our program initiatives
- Advocate the importance of affordable housing
- Spread the word about this group to encourage others to join