Sorry, but we are not accepting Applications until further notice!
We have selected families for all homes to be built in 2019. We will update our website and advertise in the Santa Fe New Mexican when we begin accepting applications for 2020 homes!
Santa Fe Habitat chooses families to become homeowners based on the following requirements:
- Need: You will be considered for a Habitat home if your present housing is not adequate for your family size, is not affordable for your income, or is unsafe. Your income will also be assessed to make sure you qualify for our program. Please see the Income Guidelines page for financial qualification guidelines.
- Live or Work in Santa Fe County: You must have lived or worked in Santa Fe County for at least one full year. U. S. Citizenship is not required, but you must be a permanent legal resident of this country.
- Financial ability: You will be buying the house from Habitat and therefore must show an ability to pay a monthly mortgage payment. The mortgage does not carry interest but the monthly payments will include insurance, taxes and possibly homeowner’s association dues and fees.
- Partnership: If selected, you will become a Habitat Partner Family and you will be responsible for a minimum of 350–500 hours of “sweat equity,” depending upon the number of mortgage signers in your family. Sweat equity can be completed by working on other Habitat homes, your own Habitat home, or by participating in other Habitat-related work. Family members signing the mortgage must complete 145–218 hours of the required sweat equity and the remaining hours may be completed by other family members and friends.
Basic Qualification Checklist
- You lived or worked in Santa Fe County for the past year
- Your family’s main wage earner a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
- You had not had a foreclosure or been discharged from a bankruptcy in the last 3 years
To Begin The Process
If you believe you may qualify for a Habitat home, please call the office to determine if you are eligible to apply for our program. A staff member will discuss the qualification checklist with you. If you are deemed eligible to apply, you will be asked to pick up an application at our office at 2520 Camino Entrada, Ste. A, Santa Fe, NM, 87507.
Information on Fair Housing or to file a complaint:
HUD (800) 669 9777 | www.hud.gov